NFL Super Bowl MVP’s

NFL Super Bowl MVP

The NFL Super Bowl MVP (Most Valuable Payer) is presented to the player voted best afield during the annual Super Bowl event.

The MVP is chosen by a panel of 16 NFL writers and broadcasters, and a fan vote (via internet or phone) following the end of the game. The media votes count for 80% of the total vote tally, with the fans/viewers making up the remaining 20%.

Tom Brady is the only player to have been awarded 4 Super Bowl MVP’s, with Joe Montana winning 3 and Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr and Eli Manning having won 2.

Who has won the most Super Bowl MVP’s

Below is a list of player who have won the most Super Bowl MVP’s.

Player Pos. Wins Super Bowls
Tom Brady QB 4 XXXVI, XXXVIII, XLIX, LI
Joe Montana QB 3 XVI, XIX, XXIV
Terry Bradshaw QB 2 XIII, XIV
Eli Manning QB 2 XLII, XLVI
Bart Starr QB 2 I, II

NFL Super Bowl MVP Winners

Below is a list of NFL Super Bowl winners through history including teams, years and positions.

Year Super Bowl Winner Team Pos.
1967 I Bart Starr Green Bay Packers QB
1968 II Bart Starr Green Bay Packers QB
1969 III Joe Namath New York Jets QB
1970 IV Len Dawson Kansas City Chiefs QB
1971 V Chuck Howley Dallas Cowboys LB
1972 VI Roger Staubach Dallas Cowboys QB
1973 VII Jake Scott Miami Dolphins Safety
1974 VIII Larry Csonka Miami Dolphins RB
1975 IX Franco Harris Pittsburgh Steelers RB
1976 X Lynn Swann Pittsburgh Steelers WR
1977 XI Fred Biletnikoff Oakland Raiders WR
1978 XII Harvey Martin Dallas Cowboys DE
Randy White DT
1979 XIII Terry Bradshaw Pittsburgh Steelers QB
1980 XIV Terry Bradshaw Pittsburgh Steelers QB
1981 XV Jim Plunkett Oakland Raiders QB
1982 XVI Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers QB
1983 XVII John Riggins Washington Redskins RB
1984 XVIII Marcus Allen Los Angeles Raiders RB
1985 XIX Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers QB
1986 XX Richard Dent Chicago Bears DE
1987 XXI Phil Simms New York Giants QB
1988 XXII Doug Williams Washington Redskins QB
1989 XXIII Jerry Rice San Francisco 49ers WR
1990 XXIV Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers QB
1991 XXV Ottis Anderson New York Giants RB
1992 XXVI Mark Rypien Washington Redskins QB
1993 XXVII Troy Aikman Dallas Cowboys QB
1994 XXVIII Emmitt Smith Dallas Cowboys RB
1995 XXIX Steve Young San Francisco 49ers QB
1996 XXX Larry Brown Dallas Cowboys CB
1997 XXXI Desmond Howard Green Bay Packers Kicker/
Punt Ret.
1998 XXXII Terrell Davis Denver Broncos RB
1999 XXXIII John Elway Denver Broncos QB
2000 XXXIV Kurt Warner St. Louis Rams QB
2001 XXXV Ray Lewis Baltimore Ravens LB
2002 XXXVI Tom Brady New England Patriots QB
2003 XXXVII Dexter Jackson Tampa Bay Buccaneers Safety
2004 XXXVIII Tom Brady New England Patriots QB
2005 XXXIX Deion Branch New England Patriots WR
2006 XL Hines Ward Pittsburgh Steelers WR
2007 XLI Peyton Manning Indianapolis Colts QB
2008 XLII Eli Manning New York Giants QB
2009 XLIII Santonio Holmes Pittsburgh Steelers WR
2010 XLIV Drew Brees New Orleans Saints QB
2011 XLV Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers QB
2012 XLVI Eli Manning New York Giants QB
2013 XLVII Joe Flacco Baltimore Ravens QB
2014 XLVIII Malcolm Smith Seattle Seahawks LB
2015 XLIX Tom Brady New England Patriots QB
2016 50 Von Miller Denver Broncos LB
2017 LI Tom Brady New England Patriots QB